Jill Marzion Photography.









Today I had the pleasure to interview the lovely Jill! I love the raw and genuine images she makes.

Share a little about yourself  + family + life.
My life revolves around my family.  I have 4 awesome kids ranging from 2 to 16, so there is never a dull moment!  My main job is being a mom, but I take on children/family sessions throughout the year and a handful of weddings! I live in Wisconsin but am not a fan of winter. I love anything and everything summer...beaches, sunsets, dinning on patios, margaritas + mojitos, taking walks, endless park visits and flip flops! I could eat Mexican everyday. Golden retrievers melt me. I have OCD when it comes to clutter, vacuuming and editing. I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes and I think life just gets better the older I get!
How long have you been in the photography industry?
I received my first dslr in 2012. I was consumed immediately. I spend every free minute learning the functions and snapping away to figure out how to use my camera! Shortly after, I was getting asked to photograph friends and families. I was very scared of that idea and beyond nervous going to my first sessions, but quickly fell in LOVE with documenting life for others! It has been an amazing journey and I am so excited for what is to come!
What is the one thing you wish you knew when you started taking photos?
I can't really say that there is anything in particular I wish I knew. I really believe that everything I did right or wrong was a great learning opportunity and has really helped me develop my own unique style. My only wish is probably that I started earlier!
What is your favourite part about being a photographer?
I have a few favourite things I love...One of the best things is being able to document emotions for others and hear their excitement! There is nothing better than being told 'you really captured his/her personality'! I strive to connect with people and have them comfortable so that the images they receive are real life! I also love exploring to find new locations and perspectives to keep things new + fresh! I am constantly amazed by the backdrops, fields, etc. that are around when you take a minute to look!
Who or what inspires you?
This is a tough question because there is so much that inspires me. Since learning to use a dslr, I have looked at the world so differently. Reading inspiring blogs/books and studying images to see where the direction of light is and how it is used has been so educational. I'm a big instagrammer and find tons of amazing photographs there and am constantly amazed by the creativity. I so created a 365 challenge that pushes me to think outside of the box and pick up my camera every single day to take a picture based on a daily theme! Some of the images I have taken through that project are my favourites! You can join at @my_365

What kind of gear do you use?
  • Camera body - canon 5d mark iii
  • Lens - my favorites are 35 1.4, 50 1.4, 24-70 and 45 tiltshift
  • Tripod -
  • Flash - 
  • Camera bag -
  • Mention others, if any.

Which is your favourite lens? Why?

The 35 1.4 is on my camera most of the time. I is a great portrait lens for indoor and outdoor and very fast! I love that I can get a lot more of the scene in vs having to step way back with the 50!

What does photography mean to you?
Photography to me means documenting life. My favorite subjects are my 4 kids! I take my camera everywhere with me and really try to document our day-to-day lives. I don't want to forget all the little things that happen because it all goes by too fast. I am not good at journaling or scrapbooking so I hope that the images I take each day are a great reminder to them of what our life was like. And it is an awesome way for me to hold onto the memories!

Do you have your own blog?

yes! I have my personal blog - www.jillmarzion.com - Which is mainly my little family and our adventures with some recipes, tip + tricks and diy's and also a professional site which is my portfolio - www.jillmarzionphotography.com -
 How rad is Jill's work! You can visit Jill's blog here, follow her on Instagram here, visit her website here, follow her on Twitter here and like her on Facebook here.


6 comments:

  1. I used to buy zara clothing for my kid's. I like the stuff and the quality of their products. This time i get an amazing deal over those dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zara has great quality clothes! Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. Jills photography = amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to check out jills instagram!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips